Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Graduation Time...and Fond Memories

Its graduation season, and no one can deny that... 




     Both high school and college kids are in full celebration mode, happy to have a chapter of their lives closing and looking forward to the future. Some know what lies ahead of them, some have no idea....However, for this one day all that matters is crossing the stage, throwing the hat, getting that diploma....


     It's truly a strange time for me..because 1 year ago I was graduating from college. I was that kid thrilled to be completing a WONDERFUL time of my life! I loved college, I loved every moment of it, but graduation was the culmination of everything I had accomplished in the past four years... and graduation also meant my future was here...you see I already knew I would be attending medical school in the fall....and I was already engaged...so to me graduation meant my life was going to really start...I was...well...I was going to be a "big girl"...

    Looking back on the past year...I have accomplished a great deal...but it really doesn't really seem like it has been that long...  Sitting around with my girlfriends the other day, we couldn't believe that it was already time for graduation again... it seems like just yesterday that the three of us walked across a different stage...the one to get our white coats...the sign of a student doctor....the start of medical school...

     This first year of medical school has gone fast and slow at the same time... each day, each week, each block seems to creep along...but I cannot believe that I only have four days left in the year...

     If graduation brings back such strong feelings for me, someone who only became an alum a year ago, I can only imagine what it must feel like for those 5, 10, 15 years out...those with children graduating, or even grandchildren graduating....

    Graduation is special time, but not just for the current graduates...but for all past graduates and for all those who have ever supported a graduate....


here's to the graduates....
heres's to the future.....
here's to the past.....
here's to now!

<3 A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...