Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wedding Favors...Child Style!!

       In the midst of my studies last block, I discovered Etsy. This was both a good and bad discovery as I ABSOLUTELY love Etsy, and I was shopping rather than studying! I could spend HOURS (and still can) just looking at all the beautiful things people can make. As usual, in my shopping fits, I bought a few things...
      Well I of course have wedding fever as one month from today I will make the transition from Miss. to Mrs. So most of my Etsy shopping revolved around my wedding. Now, I already had my wedding favors which are candy filled test tubes (I'll write about these next...they are AMAZING ...well at least in my opinion.). So I couldn't justify buying any of the beautiful favors on the website. However, I did buy this lovely cards sign, to hand on the birdhouse I turned into a little project (add pain, ribbons, and such) to have a card cage.


        I also bought some bouquet charms with our initials to add a little rustic touch to my walk down the isle.



       But my favorite purchase were my pinwheels. Now, they were smaller than I thought they were, but thats entirely my fault for not reading descriptions or being able to tell lengths....I mean I was just excited because they were gorgeous. So I ordered 24. 12 of them were pink floral, and 12 of them were brown and white.



     When they came in I realized I had to find a FABULOUS way to display them at the reception...I mean they are darling and I know the kids will love them...That's where Mama dearest comes in. We put our heads together...and this is what we came up with.......
 
               A GARDEN OF PINWHEELS!!!!!


We bought floral foam, artificial vines, moss, and used the "official" wedding ribbon that can be found on just about anything we have touched (even the birdhouse) and TA-DA!!!  Garden!!





      I am so happy with the outcome, and my mother is pretty pleased as well. They will look super cute on the favor table next to the test tubes, and I am happy that there will be something there to entertain the children.

Here's to my next DIY adventure!!
<3 A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...