Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Unique Wedding Favors...My Style!__ Another DIY project

  What does every bride want...

  • A beautiful dress
  • The perfect groom
  • Great food
  • To have a good time
and the list could go on... but if you look to the root of it all..

Every bride wants their day to be special, and to reflect the relationship they share with their betrothed

So, this brings me to my upcoming wedding. I, like every other bride, looked for cute options to make my day SPECIAL! I have talked about various things before that I have done to accomplish this; such as wedding wands, a card cage, and a pinwheel garden.

But this idea was actually the first one I thought of only weeks after we were engaged...so about 18 months ago...

Now backstory... I am a first year medical student and graduated from college last year with a degree in biology. My fiance' is starting dental school in June (2 days AFTER the wedding), and also graduated from college last year with a degree in biology (yeah...that's how we met!!)....
point being....we are big science nerds...but the cool kind!?!?!

So.. My FANTABULOUS wedding favor idea..... TEST TUBES!!!

I know what you thinking...how can test tubes fit into any wedding...unless you are having it in a laboratory... and though I do LOVE SCIENCE...I am not having my wedding in a lab...

So My Idea....
Order Test Tubes
Order Cork Stoppers
Order NERDS (the candy....because test tubes are nerdy...and we are too...cheesy I know!!!!!)
Order custom labels that are the wedding color with our names, date, and location of wedding.
and Get bows to put on top of cork somehow....

and that's what we did...

We Got the Nerds

We got 500 test tubes (I would go with plastic...the glass ones kept breaking when putting together..._)

We found bows to go on the top!

We started on em...

and they started coming together.....



My mother and her friends may have put the nerds in them....while drinking wine of course!!

I found baskets and of course put the "Wedding Ribbon" on them

And Chris' best friend help me design these labels!!

   
Test Tube project complete!!
I am beyond happy with my wedding favors, and I know my guests will say ... "That's soo Chris and Alex"..... Well that and the coozies they are getting!! Anywho..I am just glad that I am able to bring some personality into my wedding and just CANNOT wait!!

27 days and counting!

Here's to being yourself!!
<3 A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...