Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summer approaches...planning begins!

Right now, as I start this blog, it is officially less than 3 days till my summer vacation begins....

Summer.

Image from we <3 it

SUMMER...such a wonderful word!! such a wonderful time!!

    This will be my last summer... One last Ho-Rah before adulthood officially starts and summer becomes just another season where I'm in school or work... that is until little ones come along (Far, Far in the future)..at which time it becomes a time where you pay someone/have family entertain your child why you are still working...and maybe a trip or two throughout the season...for the kids of course...

But for now...Summer is freedom! Summer is sun! Summer is friends! Summer is....ahhhh!!  


ME! (A few summers ago....)

     My fiance' is in school this summer though, getting his anatomy on....(he gets next summer off while I have the boards and start rounds)...so I am trying to determine my summer plans... the Wedding is of course summer plan number one... but post wedding (with no honeymoon in sight because of said summer school for the future dentist....) its going to be my little adventure...

   Disney with the girlfriends is on the list!! I love Disney, I love roller-coasters, I love everything about amusement parks.....well except the prices..but hey...its my LAST SUMMER.. Oh..and we are making a stop at Harry Potter World... We grew up with Harry Potter, showing my age here..but I was eight when I started reading Harry Potter...and as a twenty three year old...I still love it!! Driving with my girls, crashing in cheap hotels, eating food that's bad for you... What a dream! (The only bad thing is now...thanks to medical school, every time I eat anything bad for me I think about the path its taking and what reactions are going on in my body to turn this delicious morsel into more fat stored in those ever so lovely spots my body has chosen......)

But...back to the plan...

   The beach, regularly, is on the agenda as well....probably with my girlfriends!!! Going out dancing, reading books, drinking margaritas, sleeping in, trips to the dog park with Tungsten, o the things I will do!! 

  Visiting my family.... and his....playing with our niece...who is absolutely adorable. I feel like I have missed soo much with her this year because I have been stuck in the library my head in a book ... O the things I will do!!

   But alas, summer is not all for fun... I will spend the better part of the weekdays of July (after the fourth of course)..working in a rural health clinic..further my education and bettering my resume for residency....not to mention helping people.....

 But hey I still get most of May, all of June, some of July, and most of August FREE...so I am NOT complaining...

Here's to SUMMER,
to the salt in your hair, the sand on your feet,  the drink in your hand, and the sun on your skin.....

<3 A

1 comment:

  1. ahhh that sounds like so much fun! yayyy summer!!

    thanks for stopping by my blog...i love it when my puppy's whole butt wiggles too :). your pup is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...