Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ending on a good note...Farewell Anatomy!!


Yesterday was a late night, but I knew that going into it.....





        I arrived at campus around 8:30 … with books and snacks packed for my long haul at the library to begin. I sat, in my usually seat with my good friends, headphones on, Wicked soundtrack playing rather loudly….desperately trying to get the nuclei and tracts of the brain, brainstem, thalamus, and hypothalamus into my head. Quick break for lunch and the cramming continued. This went on all day with the occasional question to, or from, my friend Tracy and an occasional chat with Chelsey for a moment (both girls being classmates of mine). Around 7, we ordered Chinese food….delivery to the library…yes it is a low point when you get delivery to the library, but hey, Its life!

At nine the tree of us packed our bags and trudged up to the anatomy lab. Now, this for once was an exciting experience because we knew this would be our last time going to the lab to study, as our FINAL anatomy practical was the next day (today).  Three hours later, I called my fiancé’ Chris to come and pick me up. Those three hours were full of quizzing, identifying, and learning every little nerve, muscle, foramen, and mucosa we could find! But we did it!! We got through all the terms we had to know, and felt comfortable.

This morning at TEN AM I went into my last anatomy practical EVER (well hopefully!! knock on wood!!). It was forty pinned anatomy structures (which I felt comfortable with) and 10 neuroanatomy questions (which I think I bombed)…but now it’s onto my next battle…Fridays test….

It’s hard to reach such a monumentous landmark and not be able to celebrate, but rather bring all my belongings back to the freezing library and settle in for another late night…but inside, inside I’m jumping around excited….

Here’s to getting a good night’s sleep eventually!!
<3 Alex

P.S. This was a good study break! Ahh…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...